R&D Manager is expected to provide strategic insights for the design of products and product lines. This will be accomplished by attending trade shows and meetings to determine customer needs and to gain understanding of customer analytical workflow problems that need to be solved; by networking with industry leaders.
- Responsible for leading the design and development of new products.
- Assures adherence to budgets, schedules, and work plans.
- Works on issues where analyses require an in-depth understanding of organizational objectives.
- Sets annual goals and objectives for direct reports and tracks performance on a quarterly cadence.
- Communicates and collaborates cross-functionally to achieve production goals.
- Setting up new production facilities & qualifying for mass production, source suppliers & products.
- Manage production planning & control.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 8-10 years’ experience in technology or product development.
- Prior supervisory experience in R&D setting is desirable.
- Experience with Telecom, Consumer Electronics or FMCG preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work with multi functional team to bring both applied and fundamental expertise to projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.