Years of relevant experience
May 15, 2018
Record accounting transactions related to receivables and to ensure accounts are accurately maintained.
- Record accounting transactions (e.g., receipts, credit note, debit note return etc.) for the customers to ensure completeness of accounting books at each SBU level.
- Interact with customers on transaction related issues to resolve the queries / issue in a timely and accurate manner to ensure smooth operation and customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate direct distribution operations on finance related issues (e.g. price update, system set up, installation of credit card machines, ) to ensure smooth function at POS level.
- Identify reasons for short payments and complete documentations and approvals to rectify the same and ensure customer statements are cleared.
- Collect cash/ cheques from sales reps daily and record the same to adhere to the set company guidelines.
- Ensure the stock count for each van is undertaken and the variations are charged and booked to reflect correct monthly financial results.
- Manage warehouse stocks and issue stocks to van sales reps upon request to meet the business need.
- Reconcile customer accounts (as per SOP) on periodic basis and obtain confirmation of the same to ensure correctness of accounts.
- Ensure all received cash and cheques are sent on the maturity date to the bank to ensure credit to the company’s bank account.
- Follow credit policy and payment terms set for receivables to ensure timely collection and reduction of receivable days.
- Follow up on any delay in payment from customers in order to satisfy the credit policy of the company. Notify the Line Manager and other concerned departments in the case of non-receipt of funds within the stipulated time.
- Perform stock counts whenever necessary and when instructed by the Line Manager and report variances arising out of the counts to ensure the control of stock(s).
- Perform other duties incidental to work above and this role.
- Commerce Graduate.
- 4 years’ experience in finance & accounting.
- CA inter would be highly preferred
- Computer Proficiency (MS Office – Excel) Basic Level.
- Oracle ERP Proficiency.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Accounting package.
- Able to travel to field locations as needed.
Your are applying for: Accountant